Monday, January 13, 2014

The day I caught my hubby watching Downton.

 
I've always loved British shows.. More so the one's that are historically inspired. Which comes to no surprise that the first time I watched Downton Abbey I was instantly hooked. Leon and I don't have cable and we honestly can't stand the fact that Downton leaves us hanging after every episode so it's kinda tradition that hubby and I wait until every season comes out on dvd and buy it along with goodies, hot chocolate, and s'mores and we sit over at our fire place and enjoy life until someone on the episode dies here in the life of Downton Abbey..

I was the one who brought Downton in the picture when I heard all of these bloggers  talking about it! Downton this and Downton that and "Downton is the best show ever!"  So I had to check it out!

Thankfully my Aunt had the  first two seasons so I got to borrow them from her. I was still so early in my pregnancy with Evelynne and still struggling with morning sickness that all I did for the past few weeks was nibbling on the things I could eat, throwing up the things I couldn't and watching Downton Abbey while listening to the hubby smurf about how a real man never watches Downton Abbey because it's so feminine..

So what happens after one night of me falling asleep to Downton in our bedroom.. I wake up in the middle of the night just to see hubby with Cheez-its, popcorn, soda and all the other goodies watching Downton Abbey.. Episode after Episode. He made it all the way up to episodes I haven't  even seen yet!

"Baby, baby go back to sleep it's not what it looks like!!" **chuckles

"Hmmm.. Hubby you better hand over your man card! Now pass the cheez-its. haha"

So, that's when it happened.. That was the night when hubby went from a Downton hater to lover.. I even caught him shedding a tear or two when some of our favorite characters died.. He says it's just me but I'm sticking with what I know I saw.

                                                   The End
Don't forget to link up with us for The very random link up #2. We're vlogging about three things you are believing for in 2014!! 

8 comments:

  1. This cracked me up! My husband likes Downton and he has actually watched Jane Austen with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, I love it!!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this is fantastic! I LOVE Downton. My hubby isn't a huge fan. He will watch it with me sometimes, but he is usually on his phone the whole time. It's hilarious that you caught him watching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! This is great!!! I'm going to have to see what all of the hype is about with Downton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny post. My husband is in love with Downton since the beginning, I bought the 2 first seasons on DVD so we got to watch season 2 before it aired here in Spain and after the last episode he faced me and asked: just one more please? No, honey that was the last one until the next season. You should have seen his face, ha ha ha. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Downton!! I haven't been able to convince my hubby to watch it but I think he would be hooked if he ever sat down and watched...I mean seriously... How can you not be addicted to it? It's so great!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!

I try to respond to every comment so make sure you come back. Much love xoxo