Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hurt for them.

 Today I'm  linking up with Lauren    & Hayley  for the Girl between the lines today! And today, my answer comes with a story haha! Enjoy!


                                                     Girl Between the Lines Link up
I'm still learning.. Learning to let me go and let God live through me..  To die to self and let Him live, speak and soar through this body.

I'm gonna be honest today, It's still hard for me sometimes to let go of self.. Self feelings, desires, and hurts.

When I'm hurt by someone else It's easy to forgive them but it's hard to let the hurt from what they have done go. And my question is why is that? Why is it hard to let hurt go? It's certainly not because we enjoy the feelings of hurt, sadness and pain.. When I'm wronged I'm usually over it by the next day  but to me that is still way to long. Those are hours, minutes, seconds God could be using to bless someone else but instead I'm soaked up in woes.

The other day someone hurt me.. My precious feelings were offended over something so little. However, my feelings were hurt. And that's when my husband came up saved the day and preached to me a little sermon (On a note I love it when he does that!) He said.

"Heather, Don't let it bother you, and don't think bad towards them. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but the devil.. He used them to hurt you even if they didn't mean to do that. Don't let it bother you. Hurt for them and not from them". "

Seriously, my hubby is like a daily devotional at times. It's just what I needed to hear to turn that frown upside down. So, I forgave them and had instant joy!

Sometimes it's so easy to forget to remember that our fight is not with flesh and blood. But its  against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (see Ephesians 6:12) 

It's so easy sometimes to live in the flesh and use our rebuker button on people when we should be using it on satan. The one who wants to ruin our lives. His condemned booty has nothing else better to do, obviously! 

So today friends, I not only desire to encourage you today but also myself.
Today and forever more I desire to hurt for those and not from those who have tried to hurt me.. And you know, it's a possibility that wasn't even their intention or goal.. But nonetheless, I'll pray for them. 

And I'll rejoice with the fact that I have the kind of Jesus freedom that isn't bound to condemnation, to not being good enough, to the world, and to people. We only have to answer to One and One only. And His thoughts are much more precious towards us than anyone.. I say we listen to His thoughts on us. 

What say ye?

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have a husband that leads you spiritually and speaks truth into your heart?! What a blessing that is. My husband does the same thing. But I also think it's okay to feel the hurt and cry out to The Lord, just like David, the man after God's heart, did. In order to really heal from those hurts, we have to have a safe place to voice those emotions. We're not robots. Yes, we are to forgive and that's great you so easily can do that, but don't feel guilty if the hurt doesn't disappear immediately, but when you seek God through it He will heal it! I do love the concept of changing your mind set to hurting for them, though!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly love your blog. It hits me just where I need to be and makes me really rethink what I'm doing. I am having a really hard time right now and this is something I really need to ponder and pray about. Thank you for your honesty on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was definitely something I needed to read today. I've been going through something lately with judgement from others and I have to constantly remind myself that what others think is not as important as what God thinks of me. Yet we're only human so it's easy to feel that hurt and pain from others. Sounds like you have a great husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hurt for them not from them"....beautiful! I just love it! Such wise advice! Thanks for joining us again! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!

I try to respond to every comment so make sure you come back. Much love xoxo