Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What my favorite day of the week looks like.

Because I'm a cops wife my weekends don't fall on Saturdays and Sundays (unless a miracle takes place!) Instead it usually falls on a weekday. Also with Leon working night shift and sometimes court the next morning I only get one day with him because some days he has court on his day off and if not he has to sleep because he worked the night before. it can be hard sometimes because it's like he's not even there for a whole six days. When he's up I'm sleeping and when I'm up he's sleeping. We can't talk, or text or anything. So you can imagine the one day he is off that it's the best day of the week for me.
We start out our morning with a yummy breakfast that either Leon makes or we usually make together. These past two weeks I have begged Leon to make his yummy french toast. He seriously makes the best ever!

While we're eating some la french toast we drink up some coffee.. Leon is a new coffee lover.. Yes, he converted! I must say I'm so happy he did. I'm hoping now we can share the same love for cute coffee mugs and the sweet smells coffee has to offer.
After coffee and breakfast I get some "me" time that is long over due by the end of the week. It's so nice to be able to read, write and drink and not stop or pause until you're done.. Sigh, it's the little things.

During Evelynne's nap (after lunch)  Leon and I kinda chill. He sits on his phone playing youtube and I do what all bloggers do.. blog haha!

After she wakes up we do some family time. Which is always my most favorite part of the day.
After that it should be around dinner and who cooks on their favorite day of the week?? Not me! At least not all the time. If we're eating out this is the day of the week we usually do it on. We either eat as a family or if Leon and I desperately need alone time we'll go on a date.
By the time we get home and eat the goodness it's about Evelynne's bed time. So I get her ready and Leon prays sweet sleep over her.
And then Leon and I do whatever we want for the rest of the night. It's so much fun! We usually watch movies and eat junk, or take a drive and talk about what we've been up to and communicate our feelings to one another. When you have a distance relationship (which we kinda do)  It's so important to communicate every chance you get! Boy am I learning that.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Why does your  favorite day look like? :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great favorite day! So sweet! Love the picture of the matching shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I am so glad you are so intentional about your time with him on his day off. It will pay off for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't realize how little you two see each other. I cannot imagine how hard that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that my perfect day would include not working, chilling with my girls and probably a trip to the library =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!

I try to respond to every comment so make sure you come back. Much love xoxo