Friday, March 14, 2014

Jeremiah 29:11 I realized I was in love.

Days came and went for Leon.. Days of praying, seeking The Lord and just wondering what he should do. Because of his past relationships he didn't want to rush at all and he didn't want to play games like he has before.

So finally after about a week or two of him talking and seeking guidance from all those who loved him and soon loved me Leon finally decided to ask me out on a date.

One Monday morning around 10 am I received a text from Leon saying.

"Hey Heather, So I was thinking and I'd really like to take you on a date to get to know you better. When and what time should I come talk to your dad?"

Haha, It certainly wasn't the most romantic way to ask a girl out however, considering I have been waiting for him to ask me for like six months I'll take it!
I remember running around the house feeling a lot like well, her.

 
I honestly couldn't contain my excitement and everyone in the whole world house knew that the man I've been waiting for finally asked me on a date... I wish I could say I played more hard to get...But I really didn't. I was like Cinderella who finally danced with her Prince... Or was asked out. And that's definitely something to be excited about.

So that night Leon came to my house dressed in his best to speak with my dad. They both went outside, talked for a few hours while I sat inside nervously talking to my girl  Krista and giving her updates because she has been waiting for this moment just as long as I have. I wasn't nervous with fear of my dad saying "no"  because there was absolutely no way he could I mean who would deny their daughter the man of her dreams? But I was just nervous with excitement. This was actually happening.

After Leon and my dad came back in Leon told me that my dad approved and if Monday night around 6ish would be good for me? And it was.

Exactly one week from that day would be my very first date.. Ever! I couldn't be more excited and the week couldn't go by fast enough!

The night I fell in love.
 Through out the week our late night text messages were all about our date and how we were both looking forward to it. I also took a lot of time that week just talking to The Lord about what He wants.. I had a lot of wonderful feelings for Leon but I really didn't want to date him unless The Lord had His say. I didn't want to waste my time or Leon's time if we weren't really the one's for each other and I certainly didn't want to risk a friendship. So I told the Lord that if He mentioned Jeremiah 29:11 in our conversations then that would be a good confirmation for me.

The day came and I was so excited and as nervous as ever! He came, he waited 15 minutes, and we left.

As were were driving he spent the whole time complementing me. We didn't end up taking any pictures on our first date except for the one above because we were so lost in each other and our conversations. Taking pictures weren't even thought of which is unusual for me considering I'm Mrs Say cheese haha!

We went to Carrabba's Italian grill which is now my favorite restaurant. We were there from about 6:30 to almost 8:00pm just eating and talking. I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried fried squid and it was so good! I felt like I was so awkward and embarrassing the whole time. Firstly was when Leon mentioned to our waiter how beautiful I was and I didn't think when I asked the waiter (male waiter)  "Isn't my date gorgeous!?" Leon quickly answered and laughed "You don't have to answer that."  But Leon kept assuring me how beautiful I was and how he's having so much fun! I really think he could tell I was nervous so he really focused on making me feel good about myself.

One thing he did that really blew me away was that before the waiter even waited on us he gave him his 20 dollar tip. He then told the waiter he's not tipping him for his actions or how he does it but just out of kindness and blessing.

I was really touched by that because I have never seen or heard of someone who not only tipped that much but before we were even served. That right there was when I realized that Leon has a giving heart.

Our conversations always led back to Jesus and what He was doing in our lives and what we knew He was going to do in our future. Oh, and can you guess what verse Leon quoted more then once? Yep, Jeremiah 29:11.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

I remember that night I didn't have to open one door. He was such a gentlemen. It was the most amazing night of my life... so far.

That night I also realized something. That was the night I really fell in love. With his passions, his love, and him. I just knew he was the one that God had for me but deep down inside I still wasn't sure. I was so stubborn that even the confirmations still didn't convince me.

I'll stand by you.
About a week later Leon sent me a text asking me if I was going to be at Church that night. I told him I wasn't because I was babysitting. He then told me that he was told to step down from leadership and leave the youth due to His beliefs of death and sickness not being God's will and that Christ overcame death so that we will live not under the law of sin but in freedom of Christ. They said he  could come back one last time to say goodbye to all of his students that he taught and poured his time and life into but after that he couldn't come back. I remember feeling so bad for Leon and so mad at the church. And because they kicked Leon out I left too! 

When I told Leon I left the church he was so touched and encouraged by it. He couldn't believe that I would do that. After all we just had one date. But I honestly loved Leon and knew that he was my future man and wherever he went I went with him. 

The Vision.

A few days later I received another text from Leon (The man loves to text haha) asking me me what I was doing last January 18th at night. I don't know how he'd expect me to remember that off hand considering it was August however, I went through  for my journals to find out.


I didn't know what specific answer he was looking for, I didn't even know why he was asking me I mean, who does that? But that was the night Leon and I met at church and later that night  I was so upset with my dad that I was just in my room crying and praying to Jesus which led to me dancing and worshiping Jesus.

When I told him that he responded "Interesting".  


I had no idea what was going on and I demanded a explanation. 

He told me that his friend he used to pray with reminded him of a vision he had on January 18th after Church. They would go into the sanctuary and pray for their future wives and The Lord gave Leon a vision of his wife with brown hair dancing.

Coincidence?  I think not. We were both so speechless and honestly didn't know what to think or say! So we both decided we were going to ask for prayer and receive wisdom when we go to our next Bible study.


Come back next Friday to read part six! :)


New to these series? 
 Part one our Journey
part two He walked back into my life
  part three  Sale for Haiti
Part four Next stop Ocean City where all your dreams come true.. or not.
Part five is it too late?



4 comments:

  1. I loooove reading people's love stories. I'm obsessed! I can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so addicted to your story! I can hardly ever wait till the next weekend! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!

I try to respond to every comment so make sure you come back. Much love xoxo