Monday, February 3, 2014

For such a time as this.

For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”  -  Esther 4:14

Don't you just love it when you're reading The Bible and you've come across a certain verse that you have most likely read hundreds of times before and  for the first time you have something to take from it??

Yep, this is happened to me with Esther 4:14 recently and I want to share it with you.

If you know me or I'm sure just by reading my blog it's pretty obvious I'm a peace maker..I will do almost anything to keep peace and avoid confrontation. Which is why I keep silent sometimes on my media spaces because I know so many would freak out  on what I have to say!

Am I saying that I'm terrified of negative comments, people leaving my blog because they can't take the heat, loosing friends, and getting face book messages from family and friends saying they don't appreciate what I say? YES!! Well, at least I was.. But this verse right here has given me a heart change.. BIG TIME.

While I was reading these words of wisdom I felt the Holy Spirit whisper to me saying

"Heather, if you remain quiet in this season of life, everyone will be good for a while and for a while the peace will be kept and eventually help will come to them but you and your family will truly die!"

Of course it's not a physical death.. But perhaps spiritual or even death to gifts or talents. Not because God would take them away because God is not an Indian giver but we'd give them up because we'd rather keep quiet then use them to touch the lives of others.. Just for peace that really isn't peace.

I didn't understand at first what God meant by family though? Why would my family die spiritually if I chose to keep silent? and during that week it hit me like a huge wrecking ball.. It was some hardcore truth people.

When it says that you and your family will perish we're not talking physical death again but spiritual.. I want my children to be so on fire for God that it's dangerous! I want them to be fully sold out to God never being fearful with their beliefs but I want them to love and believe with boldness..

But how will they get that and know how to live like that if they don't see me walking in the same way?

If you don't show your family that the Gospel means so much to you that you would give your life and time for this Message of Truth then how would you expect your children or spouse to do the same?

If you ignore the hurting, ignorant and prideful because you are fearful of what they would say or to busy with your to-do list to let God move then how is your child going to see the importance of The Gospel of Christ?

Who else will they get that from if not you?

I want my children to be so bold that they would be willing to pray over strangers in a heartbeat.. And you know that starts with me.

This has become one of my nugget verses.. A verse that I can apply to every aspect of my life.
Even blogging.

I have noticed that I'm not the only one who likes to keep away from confrontation in this blogging community and you know there is nothing wrong with that.. Unless you are put here to make a difference. Because  how would you make a difference if you're apart of the crowed? Or sitting on the side waiting for someone else to make that difference?


My friends and fellow bloggers. You are here for a purpose and for such a time as this you are given this platform. You have the opportunity to change lives, make a difference, open the eyes of those who can't see truth and you have the power to encourage right there where you are sitting.. It's an amazing gift!

And you know speaking out on your beliefs, on the things you want to share or just some things you're passionate about  may cause confrontation, hate comments and you may even lose followers.. But I can guarantee that there will be one at least that will be touched by your words!

And If I can encourage one person with truth and life and be persecuted by the rest of the world then I am satisfied. 

You have the power today to bring healing  to those who are hurting and to speak life and encouragement into someone's morning.
 This is your platform, your blog.
What do you have to say?
Is your message worth reading?

For such a time as this you are given your platform, you are given followers, and you are given people who are depending on you to make their day different in some way. If they didn't they wouldn't be there.. So what will you do?

Love you guys! xoxo
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 
- Romans 1:16


P.S Come back tomorrow for our very random Link up!!! This months topic is "The girl behind the blog" & we want to know what your favorite recipe is :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, your post was timely and inspirational. I have been having the same thoughts myself as I ponder how forthright I should about my Christianity on my blog. I don't have a problem saying I am a Christian or even pointing out how much I love Christ. But what about meatier topics of heaven and hell? Just some thoughts. What do you think?

    Mary-andering Creatively

    Mary-andering Among the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    I am doing a giveaway today and would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your blog and reading about the Lord. I am definitely in my own dark place right now and your blog helps me see some light.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!!

I try to respond to every comment so make sure you come back. Much love xoxo