I feel like toddlers can be the pickiest people on the planet.. Toddlers and myself. ;)
That may be where my Evelynne gets it from.
I've been wanting to do one of these posts for a while because I know I'm not alone on this. My girl can be super picky and at the moment everything is literally give or take. She'll love cheese one day and the next she'll hate it. "Typical woman" my husband would say! ;)
And she absolutely refuses veggies unless they're green beans and those are great some days and other days they're gross.
Here is a list of my go to meals that rarely fail me. I hope they help!
One thing I like to do weekly is separate snacks and prepare them ahead of time so I can keep track and it makes it so much easier to plan her snacks on the go. All I have to do is grab and go. It also makes it so much easier to choose the healthier option because I'm not taking the time to chop fruits and veggies but I prepared them ahead of time.
Drinks// In between meals, My daughter gets only water to drink.I stopped buying apple juice for her because personally (especially) with our tight grocery budget it just isn't needed. It would be one thing if I had trouble with her eating fruit but that's totally not the case. It's just extra sugar. With breakfast I usually give her a Bolthouse smoothie. Either veggie or strawberry but I mainly make our own smoothies. Those are just for when I don't feel like dealing with the ninja. ;)
For Lunch and dinner I give her Bolthouse green goodness smoothie. It has all the green goodness stuff in there that my daughter refuses to eat. So while putting her veggies on the plate I also give her the smoothie so I know she's at least getting something. I would also give her milk. I give her these same options for dinner unless daddy made tea. Then I would be the "fun" Mama and let her have some.
For her after nap snack I do let her have some milk.
1. I usually make her a whole lot of smoothies for snack time along with a whole wheat snack like crackers, toast, veggie sticks or a fig bar. I'll be posting my smoothie recipes on the blog shortly so keep your eye out. ;)
2.Blueberries, strawberries, raisin bread.
3. strawberries & whole wheat cheese crackers.
4. Yogurt and toast
5. Cheese, pretzels, and oranges.
6. PB crackers and applesauce.
7. PB apples with raisins.
8. Gluten free honey cereal with yogurt.
9. Pirates booty and strawberries.
The girl has my sweet tooth. :( So I usually let her have one thing yummy after nap time to give her something to look forward too. Sometimes it's a piece of dark chocolate, hot cocoa, gummies or graham crackers.
1. Homemade blueberry muffins made with 1/2 WG and 1/2 unbleached flour, Chobani greek yogurt fruit and veggie smoothie.
2.Grapes, Organic Honey cereal and Chobani greek yogurt fruit and veggie smoothie.
3. Homemade fruit smoothie with Peanut butter toast.
4. WG waffles with fruit.
5.Stonyfield yotoddler yogurt with cinnamon bread, half a wg bagel or English muffin (I'll be posting recipes on how to make those from scratch shortly.)
6. Homemade apples, blueberries and spinach sauce with a yotoddler yogurt and breakfast bar or organic fig bar.
7. Homemade apple, raisin, cranberry and pear oatmeal
8 Pancakes, Stonyfield yogurt , Blueberries
9 Fiber Muffin, Strawberries/Blueberries
10. Avocado smoothie with whole wheat toast.
11. Oatmeal with Mashed Bananas and Cinnamon
12. Homemade doughnuts and fruit. (a Weekend thing)
1. Chicken Quesadillas with roasted carrots with a pinch of olive oil, salt and pepper and rosemary, and frozen blueberries.
2. Pizza WG English muffin, apple slices and blueberry,apple, spinach sauce.
3. Bolthouse Green goodness veggie smoothie, shredded cheddar cheese, apple slices, strawberries & blueberries & a homemade English muffin with jam.
4. Turkey, cheese & spinach sandwich on wheat bread with veggie sticks and frozen blueberries.
5. WG Spaghetti with pieces of spinach & cheese in it with sliced strawberries.
6. PB & J on WG with blueberry,apple, spinach sauce & cheese stick.
7. Mac & cheese mixed with ground beef and broccoli pieces.
8. Peanut Butter Banana (PBB) Sandwich, Carrots, Strawberries
9. PBJ Sandwich, String Cheese, Bananas, Homemade Applesauce
10 Turkey lunch meat, Cheddar shredded cheese, Green Beans, Grapes
11. Turkey lunch meat, Cheddar shredded cheese , Pretzels, Clementine
12. Pasta w/ tomato & veggie sauce, Carrots, Banana
1. Spaghetti (You can sneak little pieces of spinach in there! I haven't been caught so far.) and a whole wheat cheese roll.
2. Frozen Blueberries, cooked broccoli, mashed potatoes and chicken.
3. Pizza and a Bolthouse Green goodness veggie smoothie.
4. Fried chicken and homemade french fries with green beans and apples.
5. Chicken, carrots, and potatoes in a crock pot.
6. Pork Roast with carrots and potatoes
7. Black beans, chicken, brown rice and strawberries
8. Pulled Pork w/ bbq sauce, Strawberries, Carrots
And when all goes wrong Chick-fil-a is where it's at.:)